Over the past two years, we’ve seen a big shift in how both brands and consumers utilize social media. As the popularity of social media continues to grow (social media reached over 3.7 billion social media users globally in 2021), it’s important to not only reflect on those shifts, but what we can expect in 2022.
Hubspot has compiled the latest
- Roughly 82% of Americans between 18 and 49 years old use at least one social media site. (Pew Research Center)
- The top way marketers find their audience on social media is by researching relevant online communities, such as Facebook Groups and subreddits. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- 84% of marketers are targeting Millennials in their social media strategy, followed by Gen X (52%), then Gen Z at 22%. Only 14% of marketers target Baby boomers. (HubSpot Blog Research)
- Most marketers say that short-form video content is the most popular content format for Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z. (HubSpot Blog Research)
They’ve also compiled
- TikTok will dominate the social media space.
- Reaching new audiences will become the number one social media goal for businesses.
- Companies will make more dedicated social media hires.
- Augmented Reality will become consumers’ preferred way to try-on products and interact with brands.
- Businesses in the B2B space will increase their investments in Instagram and Twitter.
- Influencer marketing will mature in 2022.
- Social advertising will become more sophisticated.
- Businesses will invest in more long-form and short-form content, as well as live audio chat rooms.
- Social selling demands will grow.
- Consumers will crave snackable content.
Interesting in leveraging social media or other marketing efforts in 2022? We’re here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our services, and how we can help you marketing your products or services in the New Year!