Technology is a driving force for us here at MH Media Strategies. We always stay on top of new developments and welcome innovation as it comes. With 2019 reaching its end relatively soon, we already have our eyes on what is to come in 2020. According to an article recently published by Forbes, we have a lot to look forward to. We have outlined below just a few of the predictions for this upcoming year.
- High Speed Year – As a business, proper bandwidth is always a necessity. With the coming of 2020, that might not be an issue. It is being dubbed “the year of 5G,” where we are expected to see all the big names ensuring global 5G New WiFi developments are expected to be used together with 5G to generate connection speeds up to 3x faster than what we use now.
- AI Advances – Let’s be honest, conversational AI technology like Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa are a fun tool, but not all that efficient. This being said, predictions claim that in 2020 we will finally see some form of useful conversational AI enter the playing field. Microsoft is working hard to develop their platform of AI that is capable of processing complex conversations and instructions. It might be a few years before we see this technology in the market. However, the next generation of AI and RPA will very likely be born in 2020.
- Smart Technology – As much as a leap as this may seem, Forbes predicts that with 2020 coming, there is a good chance we will finally be seeing the introduction of completely autonomous cars and smart city technology. This is a lot to claim, but with the combination of the substantially faster connection speeds and AI advancements, it might not be that out of line. Companies like Tesla and Amazon are constantly developing new technology that brings us closer and closer to a fully integrated society. One service you might directly interact with that incorporates autonomous technology in the next year is Amazon’s proposed plan to ship their packages via drones. Imagine the possibilities beyond that!
- Analytics – Analytic tools are the future of business success. According to Forbes, “companies that still aren’t investing heavily in analytics by 2020 probably won’t be in business in 2021.” This is a bold claim, but one that should be taken seriously. Using only past experience and your own predictions are no longer enough to make it in the modern business world.
- Digital Privacy Renaissance – 2020 might finally bring us the digital privacy and brand transparency that we all want and deserve. With recent information privacy issues in the past few years, there has been an outcry for more privacy standards and agreements from companies like Facebook and Amazon. There is a potential we will no longer have to worry about these brands constantly gathering data from us without our knowledge. You might finally be able to enjoy a more private and safe digital experience with an option to opt in or out of data and information collection.
If all of these predictions hold true, 2020 is going to be a big year. These advances could highly impact your business and marketing strategy. Get on-board early and take advantage of the opportunities these new trends will present. We know we will!